I have been writing a lot about monetizing a niche site lately. Today, I wanted to focus on choosing a micro niche and give you some micron niche site examples because micro niche sites have the highest conversion rate and represent the perfect avenue for new bloggers. What I recommend is that you get started with a micro niche site and expand later. I am going to explain exactly how you can do this.
What Is a Micro Niche?
First, let me clarify how I define a micro niche. As I explain in my post What Is a Niche Site: The Ultimate Passive Income Strategy, a niche site is a site that focuses on a segment of a specific market to target the right buyers for a predetermined product. A micro niche site focuses on an even more specific market segment.
this is where our micro niche site examples will come in handy. It will help you determine how specific you need to get. I will break down our niches the same way I did in my post Top 10 Must-See Niche Websites To Unlock Your Niche Research:
- Health and Wellness (cooking, food, healthy eating, fitness, weight loss, supplements, coaching, beauty)
- Relationships (dating, parenting, marriage, self-improivement, homeschooling)
- Money (making money, personal finances, investing)
- Technology (streaming, video conferencing, gadgets, phones, computers)
- Hobbies (hiking, fishing, knitting, camping, golfing, homesteading, survival skills, gardening)
Benefits of Micro Niche Websites
Starting with a micro niche will help you position yourself as an authority faster. That’ one of the obvious benefits, but that’s not all:
- Creating content will be super easy: Yes, on one hand creating content on the same topic over and over may start to get a bit boring, but it wil also get a whole lot easier! You will truly be an expert in your topic and writing about it will feel like a breeze with a little bit of practice.
- You will get to know your audience faster and better: As yuou create content for your micro niche website, you will earn quickly enough about your audience’s main pain points and will be able to address them.
- Your website will become profitable faster: the combination of higher conversion rates, fewer competitors, and understanding your audience will contribute to your success and profitability.
- You will create true fans for your business: When there are hundreds of others sites like yours, your impact cannot be the same. Having a micro niche means that you can stand out and serve your readers in a way that creates true fans.
How to Find Micro Niche Site Examples
My post Top 10 Must-See Niche Websites To Unlock Your Niche Research is an excellent starting point to learn how to find specific niches and how to research your competitors. However, since we are looking for micro niche site examples, I have a few more specific tips.
Long Tail Keywords
If you have read any of my previous posts, you know that my favorite tool to research kewyords is Ubersuggest. I use the website as well as the chrome extension. I also like using the Keywords Everywhere extension. Similarly to finding your specific topic for a niche site, you will google topic ideas in your niche. Then, you will look at the related keywords and long-tail keywords provided by Ubersuggest. Typically, the monthly search volume in micro niches is less than 100.
If you don’t evey know what broad niche you want to be in yet, read How to Pick a Profitable Niche for Your Online Business. You will learn how to select a niche while balancing your passions, your skills, and your niche’s profitability.
Micro NIche Website Examples
Just to give you an idea of how the whole process works, let me give you some specific examples. To find the miro niche idea video conferencing for small businesss, I started by googling videoconferencing equipment. The Websites techradar.com and pcmag.com are big sites that come up in this niche. To narrow down, we check the related keywords.
One related keyword was video conferencing equipement for small businesses. There are no smaller sites that we can use in this niche, so it becomes obvious that although we can start with focusing on this micro niche, it is very likely that we will end up expanding to cover other topics, which is perfectly fine. It’s also good to keep in mind when picking your site name.
As a last example, in the real estate niche. Narrowing down to a micro niche will obviously include a specific location. Something interesting to note in this niche is that the search results include books:
I would definitely use theses books as blog topic ideas. Furthermore, it means that creating a digital book or even a Kindle book will be something to think about down the line if you do pick the real estate niche.
Starting Your Micro Niche Website
You have done your keyword research, found some micro niche site examples and you are ready to get started? Before you do, I recommend you watch my 30-minute niche site workshop. In the workshop, I explain the 5 steps you must take to create a sucessful niche site.
Make sure you do it right:
- Do not use free platforms, start your site on wordpress.org using a paid theme like Astra and Elementor Pro (affiliate links).
- Conduct niche research to understand your competitors and the type of content you need to create.
- Pick some quality affiliate produts to promote.
- Create a lead magnet that solves the same pain point as your affiliate products.
- Drive traffic to your niche site using SEO (Search Engine Optimizaion) strategies.
Remember that although you are starting with a micro niche, you will most expand to some broader topics overtime. It’s important to keep that in mind as you pick your niche site title and branding. Your monetization strategy may also fall into a broader topic (it depends, maybe not). The micro-niche is mostly to help you gain more authority and drive more SEO traffic to yoru website faster. It is not necessarily a box that your niche site has to fit into forever
Finding good micro niche site examples is hard! Why? Because keywords under 100 searches a month are fewer and most online businesses will not bother with these lower trafic keywords. However, I do use these keywords as a new niche site owner. There are many benefits for your online business and you will become an authority in your field faster. Just leave room for growth. A micro niche site doesn’t have to be a micro niche forever. Some of you may decide to stay in your micro niche, some of you might expand. It’s all about listening to your audience and experimenting to see what brings most traffic and sales for your website.