This post may contain affiliate links, read the disclaimer here.
UPDATE: Natalie Bacon’s course Blog with a Full-Time job has been replaced with Online Business for Her. Online Business for Her will take you through each and every step of setting up a Website and creating a profitable business online. Natalie Bacon is the best teacher I have had the pleasure to learn from, you will not be disappointed with her work. She always over-delivers.
Also, don’t forget to read my review for Personal Development for Her, I am sure you will find it very helpful.
Do you have a Website, but are struggling to monetize it? Maybe you are thinking about starting an online business but don’t know where to go from there. Let me tell you about Blog with a Full-Time Job, a course that might be helpful to you.
You can read more about my blogging journey in this post, but here I want to share how I discovered Blog with a Full-Time Job, and what kind of difference it made for me.
How I found Blog with a Full-Time Job and Natalie Bacon
I had purchased another course from Create and Go, which mentioned Natalie Bacon as a former student. I identified with her message. Also, the title of her course intrigued me. I didn’t have a full-time job outside the home, but as a busy homeschooling mom of seven, I knew that I had to work my blog as if I had a full-time job. My home life was my full-time job!
Furthermore, I liked that Natalie Bacon was a relatively new success. It is always a good idea to find someone you want to emulate: someone who is not too far off from where you are and is headed where you want to be. That’s who Natalie Bacon became for me.
Why I loved Blog with a Full-Time Job
Blog with a Full-Time Job gave me clarity. Natalie Bacon is all about personal development, so this blogging course includes many units on mindset. I fell in love with her teaching style because I loved her no-nonsense approach to mindset. Here are a few things she covers:
- Blogs don’t make money businesses do. You need to treat your blog as a business if you want to monetize it. It’s not a hobby, and you will need to work hard to succeed.
- As a new blogger, you are an entrepreneur and a technician. If you get stuck in the technician role, you won’t make money. You need to think like an entrepreneur. The technician is concerned about all the technical aspects of your blog, the pictures, the theme, the layout, the format. On the other hand, the entrepreneur figures out how to make money. To monetize your blog, you need always to be thinking of new ways to make money from it.
- You don’t have time to be a perfectionist. To be successful with your blog, you are going to have to produce a lot. It doesn’t matter how many hours you work on something. What matters is how much value you deliver. You will have to create a lot of freebies and digital products. Most of them might not stick. Don’t spend too much time on each and get it done!
- You need to become a problem solver. To succeed, you need to solve your audience’s problems. However, it’s more than that: you need to learn to solve your own problems. Don’t let challenges get in the way of your success; instead, view them as an opportunity to grow. Keep moving forward!
- Blogging is a game. Your marketing sales sequence will make or break your business. You have to understand marketing in order to make sales. When you come from a place of abundance and give your best for free, you will gain the trust of your audience. By solving other people’s problems (providing value), you will get them to pay you.
- You need to stop worrying about what other people think. The average person will not understand what you work so hard and spend so much time on your blog. Your friends will say you are working too hard, and you need a break, etc. Keep in mind that to get the results you want, you can’t take the advice of those who don’t have those results. Do what successful bloggers are doing.
Of course, Blog with a Full-Time Job goes beyond mindset. It shows you exactly how to:
- Master your time management, productivity, and mindset for blogging and working full time
- Write excellent posts
- Drive traffic to your blog
- Set up email marketing
- Create freebies
- Start making money with ads and affiliate marketing
- Turn your blog into a business
- What to do when you’re ready to scale your blog up to six figures
- And sooo much more!
What could be improved
Even though this blogging course is one of the best on the market, it is not perfect! Here’s what I feel could be improved:
- The Divi Tutorial: I had to search on YouTube and Google many times over to figure things out, and I wasn’t even a beginner, I was working on my fifth Website! Divi is a page builder, and it took me hours to get the hang of it. Once you get the hang of it, it’s the best theme ever though. I ended up creating a mini-course to help other entrepreneurs avoid the headaches I had. You can access it for free, learn how here:
- Yoast SEO Tutorial: Yoast SEO is one of the most important plugins you need to have. I feel that most blogging courses don’t explain much about using Yoast SEO. Good news! I added a bonus in my course Ready to Blog to show you how to use it. You can access the course for free if you purchase Online Business for Her using my affiliate link.
Receive these tutorials for free!
I have great news for you: if you purchase Online Business for Her using my affiliate link, I will give you free access to my mini-course Ready to Blog. This mini-course includes tutorials to help you submit your site map and figure out how to fix the problems that appear in your readability analysis. Contact me to receive your free tutorials.
Who can benefit from Blog with a Full-Time Job?
Natalie’s target audience is high-achieving women. She says it herself all the time. If you have great ambitions and are self-driven, you will love Natalie Bacon. Of course, it doesn’t mean that her work doesn’t appeal to males and other personality types.
Those who are looking for a strategy to monetize their blog
If you want a profitable blog, but are not sure where to start. It’s easy to get overwhelmed by the amount of information available out there!
Those who need a mindset shift
Maybe you have been blogging for a while, but you haven’t been able to reach your goals. You might not be strategically going about your business, or you might need a mindset shift.
Those who want to be more productive
If you struggle with getting stuff done, you feel overwhelmed and busy! You have no idea how to manage it all.
Those who haven’t started a blog yet, and want to do it right
You are a brand new blogger, and you need a fail-proof formula to avoid wasting time because you want to reach your goals as fast as possible.
Before you pick your blog niche
If you are not sure what you want to write about yet, and even if you have a pretty good idea, but need some help in figuring out which freebies your audience wants, you consider signing up for my free Instagram Training.
The training will help you figure out your niche. I started growing my mailing list for free on Instagram before I even had a blog! This strategy helped me discover what my audience wanted.
To Get Started With Blogging as a Network Marketer
If you are just looking for help to set up your website and define your niche, you will enjoy my free 5-Day Email Course called Blogging for Network Marketers.